Monday, August 14, 2006

Problems running asterisk

So, I've been playing around with asterisk, and had this bug
root@lelix:/home/baggio# asterisk
Unable to open pid file '/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid': No such file or directory
Running the command asterisk -cvvvv gives you some info about what's going on, so I came up with thi s error:
Aug 14 00:51:05 WARNING[8857]: manager.c:1742 init_manager: Unable to bind socket: Address already in use
Actually a ghost asterisk was running so I found it through:
ps -A | grep asterisk
8831 ? 00:00:00 asterisk
And then killed it:
kill 8831
And everything went fine afterwards.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hanks for this :)

Daniel Lélis Baggio said...

You are welcome :)

Voip Systems S.A said...

Thanks I really apreciate is late and the error appear suddenly, thanks a lot man

iamjerson said...

Dude, your post really a great help to me i am just a newbie in asterisk and having this problem for over a day and luckily i was bumped here..

Anonymous said...

thanks a lottt!!!!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING, I love you.

Anonymous said...

Gracias!! me sirvio.

Raynierd said...

Thanks dude!!! This post helps me a lot!. Again, thanks from Venezuela!